WordAds revenue – How much money can you make ? Is it worth it ?
1) The damage done – How the WordAds will modify your page layout
The WordPress ad program WordAds has been activated on DVDBASH.COM a few months ago, and the website layout (Twenty Eleven theme) is kinda ruined by the ads positions. There are 3 ads placements: the leaderboard at the top of the page (ugly but rewarding), the middle rectangle at the bottom (inoffensive), and – by far the worst – the wide skyscraper that goes into your sidebar. See for yourself, this page is displayed with the showcase template:
2) The WordAds earnings – Don’t expect much and you won’t be disappointed
Despite its not-so-bad web traffic (1.22 million views in 2015), the generated income on DVDBASH.COM is low. Here are the statistics for November 2015, December 2015 and January 2016:
- 280.574 views in 3 months, that’s an average of 93.525 views/month
- 115.258 ad impressions in 3 months, that’s an average of 38.419 ad imp./month
- $127.83 earned in 3 months, that’s an average of $42.61/month
- According to these numbers, you need 900 ad impressions to make $1
UPDATE 2019 – From November 2015 to August 2019 :
- 2015 (2 months) : $1 = 1.822 ads served
- 2016 (11 months) : $1 = 1.318 ads served
- 2017 (12 months) : $1 = 1.909 ads served
- 2018 (12 months) : $1 = 5.223 ads served
- 2019 (8 months) : $1 = 6.981 ads served
Wait… are you telling me that I need almost 7000 ad views now to get just $1 ?! Yup, it sure looks like it :(
3) Should you run WordAds on your WordPress-hosted website ?
If you have been accepted into the WordAds program, and if you don’t care about a messed-up design layout, you can try to monetize your blog. Optimize your web pages, run some ads for, let’s say, one year, and see how
much little you’ve earned.
Good luck !